By Richard LeMieux
- Describe Richard at different points in the book. How does he change? Do you find him to be sympathetic? Do you like him?
- What did you think of C? What impact does he have on Richard?
- Willow is an important part of Richard’s story. How would his experiences be different without her?
- What other characters and situations did you find memorable? What made them stand out?
- Though dealing with very serious realities, Breakfast at Sally’s is hopeful and inspiring. How does LeMieux keep the story from becoming preachy or weighed down with heavy issues?
- Did this story change your perception of the homeless? In what ways?
- How is this book relevant to our communities today? What messages does it convey? What can we do?