By Greg Mortenson
Grades K – 3 Title
This remarkable story about Greg Mortenson’s first building project in Pakistan is told through colorful collages and simple text. A scrapbook follows the story, displaying photographs of the events, the village’s inhabitants, and key players who helped ensure the success of the project.
- Before the Korphe School was built, where did the children have their lessons? What did they use for pencils and paper?
- Why did Dr. Greg come to Korphe?
- What happened to him there?
How did Dr. Greg feel about the citizens of Korphe after his stay?
- When Dr. Greg ask Haji Ali, the village’s wisest man, what he could do for Korphe, what did Ali say? What did Dr. Greg learn when he followed Ali’s advice?
- What problem did Dr. Greg encounter when he tried to bring supplies to build the school at Korphe? What happened next?
- Who helped build the Korphe School?
- How does the village feel about the school now that it is done?
- What can you do to help children in villages like Korphe?