by Patrick McDonnell
Preschool – K
- Jane lives in England and loves to play outside. What does she like to do when she’s outside?
- How does Jane learn more about animals?
- The author calls Jane “curious Jane.” What does “curious” mean? How does curiosity help us learn?
- At the end of the story, Jane wakes up one day “to her dream come true”: she lives in Africa and studies and helps animals. What do you dream of doing when you grow up?
- Jane in the book grows up to become Dr. Jane Goodall, a primatologist–someone who studies primates, a group of animals that includes apes and monkeys. A letter from Dr. Jane Goodall at the end of the book says that each of us can make a difference in the world. One of things she says even kids can do is recycle. (Explain recycling). What else can we do to help animals and the planet?