by Joanne Harris
- How are Vianne and Inès Bencharki alike — both in personality and in experience? In what ways do they differ?
- Who are the heroes or heroines in this book? Are there villains? How did your perceptions change throughout the story?
- The town of Lasquenet has undergone great change in a short time. How do the residents adjust? Are there parallels to the modern suburban experience?
- What did you think of the different story threads? Did they keep your interest equally?
- Joanne Harris has stated, “Peaches isn’t about Islam any more than Chocolat was about Catholicism. Both stories are about intolerance, prejudice, xenophobia and the way in which religion can be used to reinforce those things.” How do these themes manifest in the story? Do you agree?