By Farhana Zia
Grades 4 – 6 Title
- What is “the garden of my imaan?” Why do you think the author chose this title?
- How are Marwa and Aliya alike? How are they different?
- Aliya encounters racism, prejudice, and bullying at school and in her community. Have you ever experienced these things? Why do others treat Aliya this way? How does it make her feel, and what does she do in response?
- What are Aliya’s mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother like? How do these women influence Aliya?
- How does Aliya change throughout this novel? What inspires her to grow?