by Wendelin Van Draanen
- In what ways has Jessica’s life changed as a result of the accident?
- Besides her rehabilitation for her leg, what other challenges must Jessica overcome?
- Why was Jessica’s injury so devastating for her?
- How did her family show her their support?
- How did her friends and teammates show her their support?
- What inspired Jessica to think about running the River Run?
- How do people (specifically her teammates) treat Jessica when she returns to school? How would you have treated her?
- Why do Jessica and Rosa become such good friends?
- What kind of influence does Rosa have on Jessica?
- How did Jessica show her appreciation for Rosa and how did this affect everyone around the two girls?