By Cece Bell
Grades 3 – 5 Title
- Was Cece right to help the class know when the teacher was on her way back to the class? What would you have done?
- The author has talked about drawing the people in the book as bunnies because bunnies have big ears and hear well but Cece’s ears don’t work. If you were going to draw yourself as an animal, what would you pick and why?
- What would you have done if Ginny had introduced you as her deaf friend? Is that a nice thing to say? How would you introduce Cece?
- How would you describe El Deafo to someone who might want to read it?
- This book won a Newbery Honor, which means it was recognized as a great book for kids. Why do you think it would be given the award?